the Christopher Huntpractice
architectural and building design for residential development


 CIAT - Architectural home extension plans Marlow

Site Menu                   Christopher Hunt Marlow









The Planning Application Stage Through The Council - How To Plan For The Design Process Of Your Home Extension - A clients guide.

The formal Planning application period usually takes 8 weeks through the council.  Even if a scheme falls under the sites Permitted Development allowances or PD (no formal Planning Permission required) you would still be advised to apply and obtain a Certificate of Lawful Development from the Planners to be sure.

Both applications usually take 8 weeks.  Whether or not during this time you engage your home extension architect or designer to start the full construction scheme plans and specifications remains up to you and your attitude to risk of not obtaining planning consent.

I tend to advise waiting for formal Planning Permission first before moving on to the full construction scheme simply to give yourself time for some 'reflective thought' on what you are embarking on and to reduce your exposure to abortive fees.

However, if speed is more important for you then start the construction scheme during the planning application period.

You should allow between 8 and 12 weeks for this process.



Quick Enquiry Form


Client Area:-

  Visit our Social Network Pages

 Visit Christopher Hunt Google plus page visit christopher hunt pinterest page visit christopher hunt facebook page 

houzz page for The Christopher Hunt Practice 

google reviews for christopher hunt practice

Work Areas                 

Architectural and Building Design Services - for planning permission and building regulations within Marlow, High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Bucks, Berks and Oxon areas.

Residential development for household extensions, conversions and new dwellings.

Measured surveys and roof inspection reports. Drawing plans on cad and specifications for planning permission, planning consent, planning approval, local authority approvals, building surveys and party wall act.

Chartered Architectural Technologists belong to CIAT (the Chartered institute of Architectural Technologists).

Key search phrases include - building designers, extend your home, extension guide, permitted development, planning advice, planning guide, planning gain.

Article of the month:- Home building design ideas....

House extension designer marlow high wycombe maidenhead 

Remodeling and Home Design