the Christopher Huntpractice
architectural and building design for residential development


 CIAT - Architectural home extension plans Marlow

Site Menu                   Christopher Hunt Marlow









So what is the difference between a Chartered Architectural Technologist and an Architect?

difference between an architect and an architectural technicianChartered Architectural Technologists and Architects are qualified and competent to lead construction projects from design through to completion. The difference is within the specialisms that they will bring to a project.

Chartered Architectural Technologists’ training and emphasis is the science and technology of architecture and architects’ training and emphasis is the design and philosophy of architecture.

Whilst both disciplines have their own distinct training and specialism, there is considerable overlap between the two professions.

Those who practice Architectural Technology as a career are either Chartered Architectural Technologists, MCIAT or professionally qualified Architectural Technicians, TCIAT.

For a more enlightended view on this age old question read this Brilliant article at Building Design Expert:-

Christopher Hunt is not an Architect but a Chartered Architectural Technologist - a professional building designer specialising in residential development from home extensions to new builds including refurbishments & conversions.

If you want an Architect click this link 


Quick Enquiry Form


Client Area:-

  Visit our Social Network Pages

 Visit Christopher Hunt Google plus page visit christopher hunt pinterest page visit christopher hunt facebook page 

houzz page for The Christopher Hunt Practice 

google reviews for christopher hunt practice

Work Areas                 

Architectural and Building Design Services - for planning permission and building regulations within Marlow, High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Bucks, Berks and Oxon areas.

Residential development for household extensions, conversions and new dwellings.

Measured surveys and roof inspection reports. Drawing plans on cad and specifications for planning permission, planning consent, planning approval, local authority approvals, building surveys and party wall act.

Chartered Architectural Technologists belong to CIAT (the Chartered institute of Architectural Technologists).

Key search phrases include - building designers, extend your home, extension guide, permitted development, planning advice, planning guide, planning gain.

Article of the month:- Home building design ideas....

House extension designer marlow high wycombe maidenhead 

Remodeling and Home Design